Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sarah, Matt & New York City!

Have you ever been so excited about something you don't even know how best to start? That's how I feel about this. After being asked by Sarah if I could photograph her and Matt's engagement session, and in New York City, I could hardly be contained. A gorgeous couple... a fabulous city... What an opportunity!
Here are just two pictures from the 2 day session. The first one has to be one of my all-time favorites. Sorry Matt & Sarah, it's not just because your both smoking hot, but it's the spectator on the bridge who clearly agrees with me that makes this one of my favs. Just as we were about to begin taking photos on the Brooklyn Bridge, the very place that Matt made one of the worlds most romantic proposals to Sarah, I captured this man walking by and "enjoying the view".
As for the second photo, Sarah's smile is so warm genuine that most of their photos from the shoot show her that way, but this one of her and Matt... there's just something about it. How she's melted into him with the soft expression of being deeply and truly contented and fulfilled with this man. I just love it.
Please add your COMMENTS too. I know that many of you peek at my blog, but I would love to get your input, so please do. If you are worried Blogger is going to send you junk mail, it's not going to.

4 comments:

TheOnlineStylist said...

Wow...what great photo's! I especially love the first one. Ever since we chose our wedding photos, followed by pictures of our four week old daughter just a year later, both myself and my husband absolutely appreciate the power of photography. We just celebrated our four year wedding anniversary in May and so had some more family portraits taken at the castle and beach where we were married! We also visited NYC this february and are totally hooked! You take amazing photos! From a UK blogger x

Geri said...

Thank you SO much. I couldn't agree more that photos are such an important and meaningful investment that never disappoints.
It sounds like we have a similar timeline. After being married, we had a baby 1 week after our1 year anniversary.

Lindsey said...

Great photos, Geri. That first one in particular is priceless.

TheOnlineStylist said...

How spooky! We had Small Child just before our first anniversary! Other Half is now taking a very keen interest in photography (mostly bought about by using i-photo combined with an SLR camera!) so I'll be showing him your website!