Sunday, February 17, 2008

David invited Jamie Lawler and myself to join him as he photographed Isabella's birthday party. It really was a great way to play around with the camera and see how other photographers do their thing. I have admired the Baxter's style for a long time now, so it was a sincerely fantastic treat to see some of the things David does to get those shots. Jamie and David also gave me some really cool camera tips that I know I'm going to use all the time now.

David was right, this was a fantastic opportunity to "play" around with the camera and the subjects without any pressure. Even if I'm with my own family and friends and not working but have my camera, I spend time being a parent or gabbing with the pals, so I don't usually get to focus on my work like this opportunity allowed me. It was a real treat and I appreciate the invite and the opportunity. Mahalo David!

No comments: